Innocent Victims of Crime
The innocent victims of crime have frequently been overlooked by our criminal justice system. Too often their pleas have gone unheeded and their wounds – personal, emotional and financial – have gone unattended. They are entitled to better treatment, and it is time to do something about it.
The Uinta County Victim/Witness Program was created to help victims cope with the stress of victimization and to ensure that victims receive the services they need and to serve as their advocate.
- Emotional Support and Community Service Referrals
- Crisis Intervention Services
- Accompanying Victim/Witnesses to Court
- Information about the Status of a Criminal Case
- Scheduling of Testimony to Minimize Time
- Notification of Scheduling Changes
- Notification Prior to Subpoena Issuance
- Assistance with Court Ordered Restitution
- Assistant in Filing Victim Compensation Claims
- Facilitating the Return of Evidence
- Employer and Creditor Intervention Services
- Transportation to and From Court, Medical, Interviews
- Child Care when Needed for Appointments to Court